1459 N. Main Street #4 Bountiful, UT 84010
Our Alpenglow Dental office in Bountiful, Utah, enjoys a convenient location near Lakeview Hospital. Nestled against the picturesque backdrop of Great Salt Lake and the surrounding mountains, this area provides a soothing setting for your next trip to the dentist. Alpenglow Dental is the premier emergency dentist in Bountiful. Whether you’re looking for immediate emergency services, or ongoing regular routine dental care, we have a knowledgeable and experienced staff on hand to meet your needs.
Our staff strives to provide prompt and attentive care for every visit. We value your time and understand how important it is for you to get the service you need right on schedule. At our Bountiful office, you’ll enjoy the timely attention. We make sure you’re seen quickly and always given the time and attention you need. At Alpenglow Dental, visiting the dentist is both efficient and stress-free, so you can relax and enjoy your time with us.
To help ensure prompt care, please take a few moments to fill out our patient forms before your next visit. Bring the completed paperwork with you to expedite your experience with Alpenglow Dental.
Make your appointment with our dentists in Bountiful today by calling (801) 397-5220. We’ll get you on the road to a bright and healthy smile.
Our Bountiful dentist is Dr. Benzon. He is committed to making sure you have an enjoyable experience at every visit. It is our policy to go over every procedure extensively with our patients. We want to ensure you have a thorough understanding of the process, so you’re as comfortable as possible, whether you’re in for a routine cleaning, or something more serious, like a filling or a root canal.
Dr. Couraud was born and raised in Utah. He attended Salt Lake Community College and the Universityof Utah for his undergraduate studies earning his Bachelor of Arts in Biology. He went on to receive hisDoctorate of Medical Dentistry from Roseman University of Health Sciences in South Jordan, Utah.
In his spare time, Dr. Couraud enjoys spending time four wheeling, camping, and building Legos with hiswife and three kids. He loves sports of all kinds, but especially soccer and snowboarding. He enjoysspending time serving in the community and doing mission trips. He currently serves as a dental officerin the Utah Army National Guard. Dr. Couraud is a member of American Dental Association, Utah Dental Association, Academy of General Dentists, American Academy of Facial Esthetics, and Academy of LDS Dentist.
Here at Alpenglow Dental, we believe that kids should start learning how to take care of their teeth. That is why; our Bountiful dentist will go to extra lengths to educate the children with the finer points of oral health. With these bits of knowledge, they can be empowered.
Equally crucial to their dental health is getting high-quality care too. Likewise, our Bountiful dentist provides comprehensive care and gentle treatments for beautiful, healthy smiles that will last a lifetime.
1. The hardest part of the body is not the teeth per se. It is actually the enamel, or the top surface that covers the individual tooth. Thus, it is very important to ensure the health of the enamel because this layer protects the sensitive portions of your tooth.
2. Did you know our teeth start to form when we are still in our mother’s womb? Milk teeth begin their development even before birth but they emerge only when we are between 6 and 12 months old.
3. We have four different types of teeth. The first four teeth, which are located at the front of our mouth, called the incisors. Do you notice those fang-like teeth that grow next to the incisors? These are called canines; we have two on top and two at the bottom. Next to these canines are premolars; the teeth located on the side of the mouth are molars. While we use the incisors to bite on our food, the molars and premolars are used to chew and grind them.
4. We only have two sets of teeth. The first sets are the milk teeth; the other set is what emerges once we lose our milk teeth—they are called permanent teeth. Unlike the milk teeth, nothing grows after we lose the permanent teeth.
5. Did you know no two people have similar sets of teeth? Just like our fingerprint, our teeth are unique.
6. We produce more than 25,000 quarts of saliva throughout our lives. To put it simply, that is about two swimming pools. It is a good thing it is that plenty since saliva has many uses. Saliva protects our teeth from decay by washing down the bacteria. It also helps in our digestive process.
7. Can you believe an average person spends about 38 days to brush their teeth throughout their lifetime?
8. Did you know poor dental health is associated with heart disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis? Many studies have already confirmed this. For this reason, dental specialists highly recommend brushing the teeth at least twice a day; do not forget to floss too. Also, visit our Bountiful dentist at least twice a year for regular dental checkups to ensure optimum oral health.
9. What you see from the outside is just the tip of your tooth. Can you believe that is just two-thirds of the actual length of your tooth? The other one-third is planted and concealed beneath your gums.
10. Did you know milk helps the detached tooth survive longer? This comes handy when your tooth is knocked out. When this happens, place your detached tooth in milk then hold it inside your mouth. Since time is of the essence, see our Bountiful dentist immediately thereafter.
At Alpenglow Dental’s Bountiful office, we offer a wide variety of services. Our care begins with routine cleanings and regular preventive care to help you maintain a healthy smile every day. We recommend coming in for a regular cleaning once every six months. Committing to these timely routine cleanings will help you avoid costly dental repairs and uncomfortable pain in the future. Stop by for a friendly visit twice a year, and you might be able to avoid other visits in between.
Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to keep up with preventive care or to avoid all possible dental problems even if you do. Perhaps you need something more than a cleaning. In these cases, we offer restorative care such as fillings and crowns to help repair any problem areas in your teeth.
Do you want to brighten things up a bit? Our care includes cosmetic dentistry services. If there’s something special you’ve been waiting to invest in, now is the time to explore getting those services you want. We offer ClearCorrect braces, tooth whitening services, and other cosmetic solutions to help you improve your smile at any age.
If you’re in need of emergency care, we can accommodate you on a tight schedule. Emergencies rarely happen at a convenient time. At Alpenglow Dental, we’re here to provide you with emergency care when you need it, day or night. Dental pain can be excruciating. You don’t want to wait days to get the treatment you need.
At Alpenglow Dental, we’re committed to providing you with the best possible care for all your dental needs. Whether you’re in need of fast emergency care, or you want to schedule your preventive services with a friendly doctor who will strive to make you comfortable throughout your appointment, we can help at our conveniently located Bountiful office. Make your appointment today and find out how our doctors can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.